James DeFord Mack, Jr
Lifelong coder with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from University of California, San Diego. Coding Enthusiast, Avid Gamer, Collector of Wolf’ly Objects, and Zombie Defense Consultant.
- Development on Encryption Security Engine SDK. C++11.
- Feature development on REST-based Key Management Server for Client Applications. C++14, μWebSockets
- Java Native Interface (JNI) development for Security Engine SDK. C++11, Java 8.
- Java Client Library development for JNI Object-Oriented interface. Java 8.
- Java/Android Client Application development utilizing Security Engine SDK. Java 8.
- REST Service development for interface between AWS KMS and Security Engine SDK.
February 2020 – July 2020
- Feature dev and bug fixes on cross platform Windows and Embedded Integrity applications in C++ on software defined radio project.
- Code Reviews (Code Collaborator) and Static Analysis Bug Triage (Coverity)
- Debugging and Diagnostics of embedded software integration with new production hardware.
- Training and Mentoring of Software Engineers.
- Software Lead for System Diagnostics Software Component.
- Software Lead and Architect for customer facing Log Reporting Web Application. Node.js
- Created and executed process for gathering, verifying and delivering firmware source to customer per their requirements.
- Code maintenance and integration support for interface app transferring packets between Ethernet interface and FPGA. C++, Linux.
- Designed and executed end of year project demo for company executives and again at trade show to develop new business.
- Initial design and development of UDP messaging service for receiving and executing commands on embedded device. C++, Linux.
- Design and development of XML schema driven data filtering service. C++, Linux.
June 2015 – January 2020
Software Development Intern
Development team had recently switched from Rational ClearQuest to JIRA. Independently developed in Java a JIRA plugin to provide previous ClearQuest functionality of automated Issue generation from automated emails. Assisted in Perl scripting to provide development tracking integration between Rational ClearCase and JIRA.
July 2014 – Sept 2014
Software Engineering Intern
Sony Network Entertainment
June 2012 – Sept 2013
Assisted in drafting and revising SOX compliant test plan documentation for internal enterprise applications. Executed test plans and reported/documented defects and assisted developers in locating and resolving defects. Wrote and executed queries with MS SQL for data validation in testing.
Aug 2010 – Nov 2011
Worked in a System Administrator team supporting a group of approximately 100 developers. Assisted in the system administration of 1200+ RHEL servers including developing Perl scripts for automated administration. Independently developed a tool for the dev team that provided DNS zoning functionality via a Perl script driven by a PHP web frontend utilizing a MySQL database.
Jan 2008 – Dec 2008
Information Systems Intern
Supported the WAN group in Information Systems with their project to convert 700+ Petco stores to their new ISP. Included configuring Cisco routers and assisting stores in setup and migration to new network. Also assisted in day to day operations including troubleshooting store connectivity issues and providing support.
June 2005 – Aug 2005
University of California, San Diego
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Associate of Science in Mathematics with Honors
- Basic Data Structures and Object-Oriented Design
- Computer Organization and Systems Programming
- Software Tools and Techniques Laboratory
- Advanced Data Structures
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Software Engineering
- Principles of Computer Operating Systems
- Programming Languages: Principles and Paradigms
- Compiler Construction
- Components and Design Techniques for Digital Systems
- Introduction to Computer Architecture
- Computer Networks
- Introduction to Computer Security
- Database System Principles
- Server-side Web Applications
- Enterprise-class Web Applications
- Computer Graphics
- MS SQL
- Visual Studio
CSE 12 - Basic Data Structures and Object-Oriented Design
C, C++, Java
CSE 70 - Software Engineering
Java, JUnit, Eclipse, Ant, Subversion
CSE 100 - Advanced Data Structures
Implementation of a hash table with templates via binary tree hashing and passbits.
Implementation of a priority queue with templates and implementation of disjoint subsets (union-find). Structures used to solve the traveling salesman problem for inputted graph.
CSE 120 - Principles of Computer Operating Systems
CSE 123 - Computer Networks
CSE 127 - Computer Security
A heap spray attack against a network service that gains shell access to steal a target data set. Target program was implemented in C, exploit written in Python.
CSE 131 - Compiler Construction
Java, CUP, Bash, Solaris, Git
CSE 135 - Server-side Web Applications
CSE 136 - Enterprise-class Web Applications
C#, .NET, MS SQL, Git
CSE 167 - Computer Graphics
C++, OpenGL, GLee
Qualcomm - DNS Tool
Perl, PHP, Subversion
Qualcomm - PhoneDB
Qualcomm - Request Form Framework
Sony Network Entertainment - Test Set Reporting Tool
Sony Network Entertainment - RallySearch Tool
BAE Systems - Siebel Mail Handler Plugin
Java, Atlassian SDK
The Left Behind
Photo Rename Script